I can drink a fabulous cup of bold roast with the best of them: Jones Coffee’s Madison Blend or a French Press of Peet’s Finest. But geez not this fall. Two bouts of a messed up PH in my intestinal lining forced Finch to take drastic measures!
Enter a return to the morning elixir. Each morning I start my day with a cup of warm water, 1t of Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar, some Trader Joe’s Cranberry Juice, Lemon Juice and Liquid Stevia.
This recipe does the following:
1. Helps keep the acid in the intestinal lining in check
2. Reduces my cravings for coffee and sugar
3. Kick-starts my morning metabolism
Mine does. I get by with a little help from my friends mainly Apple Cider Vinegar these days.
Here’s a dandy recipe utilizing Bragg’s ACV as well. Give it a whirl. How do you start your morning
“Apple Pie” Elixir
- 2 tablespoons raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- dash of each: cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup or raw honey (optional)
- 2 cups purified water
Mix all ingredients together, making sure to stir or shake vigorously if using raw honey as it doesn’t mix as well as maple syrup. Sip and enjoy!